Clinical Administrative Coordinator Austin (109927594)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Care Team Associate (CTA) will effectively support the successful implementation and execution of all Care Coordination programs and processes. The Care Team Associate will provide support to the care coordination nursing staff and managers to ensure applicable program processes and operational responsibilities are met; to include UM processes with PHC Medical Directors, physicians, hospitals, and any other necessary Health Plan or MSO external departments. This position is responsible for the daily coordination of all Interdisciplinary Team Conference (IDTC) processes and weekly Patient Care Committee (PCC) Meetings. CTA conducts complex initial intake screening for pre-service requests, and inpatient hospital coordination. This position will serve as a liaison with external departments to ensure optimal customer service.
- Receives and responds to escalated Care Coordination inquiries from all communication venues: e.g. phone queue, portal, claim queue, department e-mail box or fax
- Coordinates and assists initial screening of complex case screening and UM requests via all communication venues; as well as administrative preparation for clinical staff
- Conducts in-bound and out-bound calls for program requirements including, but not limited to: patient scheduling, surveys/screenings, reminder calls, census management and distribution of materials to appropriate clinical personnel or patients
- Performs daily Inpatient Census reconciliation to include monitoring of UM concurrent in-patient cases in “pend” status to ensure adherence to CMS regulations
- Participates in market Patient Care Committees: prepares agenda and minutes
- Assembles and mails various educational materials, supplies, and medical equipment to patients and clinical staff based on need and direction from nursing personnel.
- Completes effective data entry of in-bound and/or out-bound call contact information into software applications (Claims Database, DM database, and EMR, CWQI, etc.).
- Utilizes various reports to track patient referrals or no-shows for scheduling visits with clinical staff
- Completes calls/assignments and ensures census management, productivity weekly and monthly standards are met
- Provides clerical and/or administrative support to clinical staff and managers for special studies, projects and reports
- Provides excellent customer service by serving as a resource to all internal and external customers
- Attends required meetings and participates in special committees as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Coordinates all aspects of IDTC from data mining and reporting by market, scheduling notification to members, preparing agenda and recording of minutes
- Maintains knowledge of all health plan benefits, network, CMS, regulations, health plan and/or MSO policies
- Maintains collating, gathering and logs for Notice of Medicare Non-Coverage (NOMNC)
- Non-Clinical staff are not responsible for conducting any UM review activities that require interpretation of clinical information
- Performs all other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Outlook
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision and direction from manager
- Possesses medical terminology knowledge base
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills, customer service skills, and verbal and written communication skills to include but not limited to patients, physicians, clinical staff, contracted providers and managers
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism to include both personal conduct and appearance at all times
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times to include but limited to patients and coworkers
- Ability to comply with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices
- Ability to adhere to all department policies and procedures
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Certified Medical Assistant training or certification
- 2+ years of experience in a physician’s clinic or hospital
- Additional years of experience working in a medical care setting as a receptionist or medical assistant
- Bilingual language proficiency (English/Spanish)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Certain positions are subject to random drug testing.