Sr. Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Las Vegas, NV (111626959)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The clinical administrative coordinator will be responsible for assisting the management and clinical staff to ensure that scheduling, tracking and data entry requirements are coordinated to meet client needs. They will also stay compliant with the State and Federal regulations. The clinical administrative coordinator will schedule Home Health visits in addition to coordinating client calls and requests to ensure the needs of new and existing clients are properly addressed. The clinical administrative coordinator will also be cross trained into the referral department.
- Assist management and clinicians to ensure clients' care is delivered in a timely manner and in compliance with state and federal regulations for home care through scheduling of patients at time of intake and throughout the certification period in compliance with physician orders
- Assist the management and clinicians to assure home care services including supervisory visits are scheduled and delivered in compliance with state and federal regulations through ongoing audit by monitoring of key reports and scheduling authorizations for on-going visits
- Assure high quality customer service to all internal and external customers primarily through telephone communication by answering phone calls from patients and other healthcare system representatives to coordinate with office and field clinicians
- Assist management to ensure compliance with Human Resource requirements mandated by state and federal regulations
- Assist management to assure compliance and consistency with agency
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a clerical or administrative role
- Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Willing and able to work schedule that includes weekend days
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in healthcare or insurance benefits
- Experience working with Medicare and / or Medicaid
- Experience using EMRs such as Net Smart
- Call center experience
- Medical terminology
- Typing 50+ wpm
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.