Distribution Associate (Administrative Support)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Ohio Operating Company., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [OEPP]
- Performs various clerical and administrative duties for the Ohio Operating Company Operations Services Section, Line Department., including but not limited to timekeeping, telephone reception, sorting and distributing mail, maintaining filing and record systems, process and/or record expense accounts, credit card accounts, timesheets, invoices for payment, requisitions for office supplies.
- Primary responsibility for various complex administrative assignments requiring initiative, judgment, and well-developed knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates a solid commitment to safety.
- Resolve customer issues and requests in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Independently anticipate and meet internal and/ or external customer needs.
- Manage resources wisely; make sound decisions that enhance the sections financial position.
- Possess the oral and written communication skills to effectively exchange information with internal/external customers and Company employees on behalf of the section.
- Participate in the storm process and be available to work extended hours as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must pass the Company’s EEI Support and Administrative Selection System (SASS) test.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years related work experience preferred or demonstrated effective performance with relevant experience.
- Must have ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work load.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to handle confidential information
- Utilize SAP, CREWS, ARCOS, Qlick, RoD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage potential employees to review all information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests. Click this link to access the practice tests. You will be prompted for a name and password. Use firstenergy for both.
Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI website does not allow access to actual tests. Testing is held at various locations throughout our service territory based on where the job is located.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team