Senior Administrative Assistant USA - New Jersey - Kenilworth
Attention NJ Applicants:
In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Directors/Associate Scientific Vice President and teams on site, including calendar management, correspondence, document production (presentations, reports, etc.) using appropriate software packages (e.g. MS Outlook, Word for Windows, Visio, PowerPoint and Excel), general office administration and office management, and ad hoc projects. Provide general administrative support to teams on site.
- Administrative and organizational support tasks for stakeholders on executive director level
- Arrange and book travel, transport, transfers, accommodation, meeting facilities, conferences, global videoconferences and teleconferences, registrations; produce itineraries for international trips incl. VISA applications
- Preparing expense reports
- Outlook calendar planning and maintenance
- Conduct business processes that support the function using appropriate software packages, e.g. expenses, PO raising, invoices processing
- Arrange and coordinate video- and teleconferences and cross-functional internal/external meetings (small and large); book meeting rooms, equipment, hospitality, etc.
- Welcome visitors; arrange transport, accommodation, itineraries and hospitality for visitors, as required
- Manage electronic and physical filing and documentation on SharePoint
- Supporting executives in expatriate matters
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years Senior Administrative Assistant Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent hands on user of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
- Ability to use range of office equipment and, being very familiar with current electronic devices and IT technologies (such as iPhone, Laptop etc.)
- Great organizational planning & prioritization skills and attention to details
- Highly proactive and self-motivated individual with ability to adapt to changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work in cross functional and multinational team with different cultures
- Ethics and integrity, awareness of compliance requirements and maintaining confidentiality as normal way of working
- Skilled in SAP Ariba Guided Buying.
- Proficient in maintaining stringent financial controls and timelines
- Dedicated team member with high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy
Kenilworth, New Jersey Site will be closing during the 1st half of 2024. Most be willing to move fully onsite to the Rahway, New Jersey location.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Under New York City, Washington State and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License: