Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Perform diverse administrative duties, which by nature of the position involve high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information, necessitating the considerable use of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
- Work directly with the IT Core Services Leadership Team (LT) and extended team members.
- Coordinate team-building activities.
- Proactively maintain the calendar, looking ahead at schedules, events, and the needs of the manager and team, anticipating conflicts, problems, and issues, and taking appropriate steps to produce desired outcomes with minimum assistance from the manager.
- Acts as the business process owner of SharePoint and MS Team sites. Manages and updates access, content, communication, and administrative changes to the collaboration systems as
- Partners with the Nassau Park site coordinator to plan and execute site-related activities. Becomes an active member of the Nassau Park Employee Engagement Team (NSP Community Connect).
- supports the team with department meetings, including planning logistics, preparing meeting agendas, collecting and distributing pre-reads, and taking meeting minutes.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, arrange travel, including complex international travel aligned with corporate guidelines, and proactively review and refine travel arrangements.
- Support staff onboarding activities, including new hire system set up and ‘welcome’
- Prioritize team activities and proactively plan them with an understanding of department objectives, customer needs, and BMS business.
- Handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with a deadline.
- collaborates with and supports other IT Core Services team members as needed.
- Demonstrates and inspires confidence and trust in others and maintains the highest standards of personal
- acts in the best interest of the business and seeks feedback to improve
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of Executive Administrative
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, prioritize competing demands and requests by taking initiative to adjust or change priorities, and be able to work independently.
- ability to work effectively under pressure to meet
- Excellent organizational, record-keeping, and communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to draft correspondence upon request of the manager.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Calendar, SAP, SharePoint, and working experience with Concur, Ariba, and SAP is strongly desired.
- A successful candidate must be able to learn new tools and systems in an ever-evolving
- A strong work ethic to generate high quality work under tight
- Possess a high level of energy, a strong work ethic, resourcefulness, and
- The ability to anticipate and be proactive is
- Experience working within the biotechnology or life sciences sector is desired.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.