Administrative Assistant (ANC Airport Location)
Work Where it Matters
Pegasus Aviation Services, an Akima company, is not just another aviation contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Pegasus, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, Pegasus provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, Pegasus delivers efficient, flexible, and safe aviation services as it supports domestic and international passenger and freighter airlines.
As a Pegasus employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
The Administrative Assistant position is a highly functional support services position that performs a variety of general office administrative duties. It generally functions under close supervisory direction of President.
- Logs, compiles, organizes, processes, and summarizes many different types of data.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, complies various statistical reports/graphs to support managers and the Company.
- Enters various employee data into spreadsheets and databases in an accurate and error – free manner.
- Files documents into various locations i.e., employee files, DOT/FAA files, accounting files. Etc. Scan and/or fax documents
- Aiding with on-boarding and new hire- badging process, completion of hearing tests, scheduling of interviews for candidates in multiple positions.
- Operates or performs standard office duties such as producing general office written or electronic correspondence.
- Operates in a climate of confidentially requiring complete discretion.
- May assist others with overflow work or special projects and assist in the preparation of documents affecting the functioning of the assigned area.
- May utilize specialized computer systems and applications with unique applications being used at the discretion of the department.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- The ability to always maintain confidentiality.
- A valid Driver’s license.
- At least 18 years of age
- High School graduate or GED
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to obtain airport badge with US Customs clearance.
- Able to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to establish credibility with all levels of management and staff of the Company to which they are assigned.
- Must have the ability to multitask and answer multi line phone calls from Customers.
- Extensive computer skills (familiarity with MS Word, Outlook and Excel). Must be able to operate calculators and PC keyboards by touch.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities to assure deadlines are met and communicate well with clients, vendors and customers.
- Results oriented with the ability to respond to the needs of the department and Company.
- Sufficient reasoning abilities to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. It also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily tasks.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to support the accounting department with tasks as needed.
- Prior administrative experience
- Operating company administrative experience
- Excel, Costpoint, QuickBooks Experience
Physical Demands: Moderate
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, etc.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
- Deal with problems involving some complex variables in standardized accounting situations.
Physical Demands: moderate.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and telephone console. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment is a general office/receptionist setting and is usually quiet.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Organization: Pegasus Aviation Services
Clearance: Not Applicable
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: PEG00818