Administrative Assistant / Assistant Administratif (H/F)
For our Paris based office we are currently looking for a new colleague, who would join our Medical Affairs team in the role of Administrative Assistant/Assistant Administratif (H/F).
Purpose of the role
Reporting into the Medical Lead (France/Benelux), the administrative assistant is responsible for the overall administrative management of the Medical Affairs department in his/her assigned scope and assist the Medical Affairs team in its daily activities (calender and travel management, scheduling and organization of meetings, preparation and proper filing of documents, support with suppliers and budget management, collection and dissemination of information necessary for the proper functioning of the team by means of the applicable communication channels, etc.).
The administrative assistant supports the department with professionalism and flexibility in his/her assigned scope and collaborates with other team members across the organization and within the region, which may include the coordination of specific projects within the division/region.
Responsibility for the overall administrative management of the Medical Department
- Assists the Medical Affairs Team in its daily activities;
- Plans all internal team meetings and ensures the logistical organization of internal team meetings and/or seminars (invitation, logistics, preparation of documents e.g., agenda);
- Travel arrangements (transport, accomodation & related activities) for the team’s external meetings and communicating all relevant details to participants;
- Manages new arrivals and new members: reception, administrative management of material orders (integration of digital tools and computer equipment), creation of tool accounts, training follow-up (training in tools/processes);
- Responsible for archiving in a format accessible to the department (is a procedure referent, organizes and guarantees archiving) according to the directives of the Medical Lead and his/her direct reports;
- May provide support as a back-up for assistants in other departments (in case of holidays, sick leave, etc.);
- May be required to contribute to and/or lead projects specific to his/her division/department or across the company on processes for which he/she is responsible in compliance with the group's regulations and procedures, and to make proposals on procedures or working methods to be simplified/improved;
- Facilitates interactions within the Medical Department;
- Ensures good communication of information to all services/departments;
- Serves as a reference point for the team and as a contact point for other divisions;
- Collects and disseminates information necessary for the proper functioning of the team;
- Drafts internal communication materials (reports, minutes, memos, newsletters, slides, etc.);
- Develops and monitors the team's holiday schedule;
- Proposes and implements solutions and measures for the team to promote efficiency, well-being at work and conviviality within the Medical Department;
- Follows-up and supports where needed the team’s expense management.
Monitoring of department’s budget
Within the internal budgetmanagement tool Athena:
- Enter all information related to the creation (and update) of suppliers and make changes if necessary;
- Issues purchase orders (and PPR’s for honorarium payments) and receives quotes orders from suppliers;
- Follow-up of service providers on contracts and invoices;
- Ensures that invoices are paid and monitors their correct payment;
- Processes and monitors any provisions;
- Is in contact with the financial service platform hosted in Europe;
- Rereads and monitors contracts and alerts in the event of non-compliance, in coordination with the purchasing department;
- Monitors the budget of the Medical Affairs Department.
- Logistics support for medical affairs owned events (scientific/non-promo events/meetings, AdBoards/EIF’s etc.) with external health care experts;
- Event organization in coordination with the AmEx meetings management group;
- Creation and maintenance of these events in the internal system (Veeva CRM) from start till event closure;
- Follow-up communications with participating health care experts (speakers and/or consultants);
- Follow-up with health care experts on contract signatures, invoice and payment;
- Ensure archiving of contracts and invoices.
Activities related to Medical Review/Medical Information Services
Supervision of the submission periods for promotional materials:
- Defines with the Medical Review Specialists, the retroplanning for the revision/approval of promotional documents for each submission period;
- Communicates the retroplanning of the submission periods to all internal stakeholders and is responsible for its follow-up to ensure an optimal medical review activity;
- Is the point of contact for the medical review service provider: steering meetings, organization of the certification schedule, carrying out quality controls on subcontracted activities;
- Coordinates the submission of visa application files to ANSM (visa receipts, submission calendar, visas follow-up, etc.);
- Records the follow-up of visas in the document tracking tool;
- Manages the documentation published on the intranet of the medical review (putting checklists / guidelines online).
Participation in Medical Information activities:
- Ensures the management of the interactive voice server, in particular by updating information concerning product shortages.
- Bachelor’s or vocational degree, or equivalent by experience, in administration, office support or another related field of study;
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as an administrative support, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry;
- You are structured and organized;
- You have good basic project management skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of confidentiality;
- Good communication and relationship building skills;
- Able to manage time effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance;
- You are flexible and take initiative;
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, including Word, Excell, and Powerpoint;
- You master French on a (near) native level and you are business fluent in English (written and spoken).
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. We offer a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Secondary Job Description
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants.
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Annualized Salary Range
Annualized Salary Range (Global)
Travel Requirements: Organon employees must be able to satisfy all applicable travel and credentialing requirements, including associated vaccination prerequisitesNo Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:Work Week
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1