Administrative/Clerical Assistant III ( R-00049829 )
Leidos will be looking for an Administrative Assistant in Hines, IL to support the VA Facilities group at critical data centers sites in the USA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award of the FFSS contract.
The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services provided/housed in a data center. The focus of this position will be providing budgetary and financial support across the organization. The successful candidate will be able to work with various funding sources, contribute to the technical writing of Performance Work Statements and Statement of Work documents, and interface with different acquisition groups, as well as other duties.
This position will be supporting the VA Facilities Division at VA critical data center sites. A successful
candidate will have experience with:
* Facilitate and schedule appointments, coordinate meetings and reserve conference space for personnel as well as performing meeting set-up and other coordination activities.
* Prepare interoffice correspondence and maintain administrative filing system.
* Prepare and maintain operating and desk procedures, methods, standards, policy memorandum and techniques concerning administrative procedures.
* Maintain incoming and outgoing e-mails corresponding with the IOSS contract; includes taking action on each message and organizing priority of correspondence.
* Prepare, edit and/or conduct reviews for recurring and one-time reports, suspense items, date sensitive actions and correspondence.
* Ensure final documents are routed or mailed to the designated source(s) after receipt of all required concurrence/approvals.
* Handle domestic travel arrangements for staff who require business travel.
* Superior in Administrative Support.
* Competent with process improvement techniques and principles.
* Strong critical thinking, and gap analysis abilities.
* Strong interpersonal skills - brainstorms with other staff members for resolutions.
* Superior human interaction skills with the ability to meet and deal effectively with individuals of all levels inside and outside of the workplace..
* Superior planning, scheduling and coordinating skills working with management to create a smooth workflow and timely deliverables.
* Excellent special projects administrator skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Exceptional problem-solving skills.
* Superior organizational and time management skills.
- AA or 2-year Business School
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Experience using Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, etc.
- US Citizen, Government contract requirement
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving abilities
- detail oriented