Administrative Assistant (MS Word expertise) ( R-00058101 )
Do you enjoy building expertise and tackling a variety of tasks each day? Do you like acting as a trusted resource? Do you get excited to help your teammates?
The Leidos Commercial Energy Solutions Operation team is looking for a tenacious, self-starting Administrative Assistant with advanced Microsoft Word skills, for our Denver, CO office.
IMPORTANT: This role will begin as a contractor/payrollee, with conversion to direct Leidos employee in 3-6 months.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Project Managers in the Commercial Energy Division of Leidos in a variety of tasks. Responsibilities include the following:
• Support development of Independent Engineer Reports, including:
o Set up project folders according to Leidos guidelines;
o Adhere to Leidos’ policy guidelines in compiling and preparing reports;
o Process and input edits from multiple subject matter experts;
o Format and proofread the report using the standard template;
o Manage multiple drafts and issue new versions as drafts develop;
o Finalize report, when required.
• Prepare monthly construction reports.
• Prepare various Independent Engineer certificates and issue to financial institutions.
• Manage and download data.
• Create data management sites using Box.
• Schedule travel using Concur.
• Prepare expense reports.
• Prepare monthly invoice cover letters.
• Follow guidelines for electronic filing of work products and documents and setting up client files.
• Assist in preparation of contracts and task authorizations.
• Perform other general administrative duties requested by your supervisor or Project Managers.
• Undertake special projects, as necessary.
• An expert with MS Word (background in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint or Project Wise would be a plus).
• A strong background in proofreading, grammar and formatting
• Ideally, you will have a HS diploma or GED equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience,…an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, Accounting or other discipline would be a plus!
• You should be able to work in fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment, all while maintaining a positive and proactive outlook.
• Your strong analytical and communication skills will allow you to sort through complex documentation, and your ability to work independently with minimal guidance and oversight and anticipate upcoming project support needs, will serve the team well.
To this role, you will bring extraordinary interpersonal and organizational skills, and act as a natural problem solver. We love a can-do attitude here at Leidos and look forward to speaking with you!
Starting salary: $28.85 - $31.25/hour.External Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:AdministrativePay Range:Pay Range $45,500.00 - $70,000.00 - $94,500.00