Senior Administrative Assistant - New York City (31693)
- Provide administrative support for internal clients (such as partners and managing directors of the firm).
- Coordinates meetings and conferences and may attend department meetings and prepare minutes as directed.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Develop a good working relationship with all levels of staff in all departments.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain contact with external clients on behalf of internal clients.
- Function as a backup for other administrative professionals within the group and support other teaming activities as directed.
- Prepare requisitions for specific office purchases with appropriate authorization and arrange for payment.
- Search and collect information from various internal/external sources to provide preliminary research.
- Make time and expense entries accurately in a timely manner.
- Compose business correspondence under direction from the clients served.
- Handle all incoming calls proficiently and follow through with issues raised with appropriate parties.
- Provide communication summaries and place calls on behalf of client as directed.
- Arrange essential mail both paper and electronic to help expedite client actions and avoid missing deadlines.
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, invoices and emails with some direction from client.
- Adhere to firm directed formats including fonts and logos for all internal and external communication documents.
Organizing and Planning
- Arrange and reserve conference rooms, catering, audio visual and telephony equipment for meetings and conferences as requested by client.
- Arrange international and domestic travel under guidance from the client in accordance with firm policy.
- Coordinate and arrange logistics for external functions including meetings, conferences, entertainment, receptions and dinner arrangements with minimal direction from the client.
- Prepare official agenda for meetings.
- Compile materials for training and meetings with minimal direction and instruction from client.
Filling and Document Management
- Develop and maintain effective filing system for the management of client needs and requirements, including classified and confidential files.
- Maintain contact details for client (business contacts, etc.).
- Process records for destruction or disposition with supervision.
- Maintain and update electronic files in eDRMS, eRooms and SharePoint sites as requested.
- College Degree preferred, high school diploma required at minimum.
- 6-10 years' work experience as an administrative assistant supporting executives
- Background in professional services firm supporting tax function, is a plus
- Professional demeanor
- Organized, detail-oriented, competent follow through skills
- Excellent computer skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills - spelling, grammar and proofreading
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - positive/friendly demeanor, attentive listener
- Superior organization skills - ability to come up with processes and follow up
- Ability to exercise good judgment/decision making when necessary
- Ability to anticipate problems and act accordingly
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task - great time management
- Ability to take initiative - assertive and confident.
- Must have flexibility to work overtime as required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.