Administrative Assistant-Training (100742)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Responsible for performing standard and some advanced secretarial and administrative duties for Missouri American Water training department; including answering training question emails/calls, training reporting, and working with training vendors.Key Accountabilities
- Performs Word Processing duties and prepares spreadsheets utilizing various software packages. (5%)
- Proofs all material for accuracy and context. (5%)
- Establishes and maintains training files and records. (30%)
- Assists with various administrative or clerical details as required (e.g., copying). (5%)
- Answers emails/phone calls/IMs within 24hrs for resolution. (10%)
- Provides back up support to training manager. (5%)
- Assists with pre/post training arrangements. Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (25%)
- Leads training report meetings with all levels of management throughout the state. (5%)
- Communicates effectively with training vendors, district leads, and supervisors to ensure training goals/initiatives are met at federal, local/state, company level. (10%)
- Knowledge of Learning Management System a plus
- Intermediate/Advance Microsoft Office (Word, Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, Excel)
- Ability to multi-task projects and responsibilities
- Critical thinking skills to anticipate customer needs/expectations
- 1- 3 years secretarial or customer service experience preferred
- High School Degree or GED.
- Up to 10%
- Standard office environment
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.