Administrative Operations Support Representative (100746)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Responsible for performing a variety of complex administrative activities and support involving the operations of water treatment and
distribution systems, field operations and/or regulatory compliance.
- Processes and maintains a variety of complex accounting information including, but not limited to, payroll, accounts payable, invoices, inventory issues/receipts, purchase orders, customer payments, and bank deposits.
- Researches, compiles and updates information in various systems, including database, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Maintains financial and/or other business records, journals and ledgers. (30%)
- Interacts with internal/external customers regarding various issues and provides any additional assistance.
- Researches and resolves critical customer questions, concerns, difficulties, inquiries and/or problems.(30%)
- Prepares and responds to data requests and executes work orders, service orders, error reports, set-ups, etc. in various configurations such as
- Powerplant, Advantex and Orcom. Compiles and reviews numerous multifaceted reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. (30%)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (10%)
- Excellent knowledge of office procedures
- Excellent math knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of water distribution systems and water and wastewater field operations
- Excellent working knowledge of computer programs
- Excellent knowledge of network and maintenance related issues.
- Excellent knowledge of company billing guidelines and state billing regulations.
- Minimum of 5+ years related clerical experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some college courses preferred.
- Clerical Certification preferred.
- None or minimal travel.
- General office environment.
- In some instances must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. maximum and occasionally lift various items.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.