Marketing/Administrative Assistant (341228)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Overview of Position:
Based in Charlotte, NC, the Marketing/Administrative Assistant serves a critical role in the effective operations of the Charlotte, Birmingham, and Nashville Branches. As a business partner to the three Branch Managers, key attributes of a successful candidate are the desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, while anticipating the needs of the branches. The Charlotte Branch provides a dynamic and energetic work environment, and this position touches multiple aspects of our overall business.
Applicants should have a minimum of five years in a corporate environment. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential. The successful candidate must be able to work independently in a fast-paced business environment and can anticipate the needs of the Branch Managers. The individual will be required to build strong relationships with our internal and external customers.
- Provide Administrative support to the Charlotte, Birmingham and Nashville Branch leadership team through managing schedules, arranging travel, providing necessary reports for meetings and reviewing & screening correspondence.
- Provide assistance to branch underwriting teams
- Work with agency services to ensure agency codes, licensing, producer agreements, agency transfers and commissions are accurate in Agency Management System.
- Prepare and distribute monthly results to all appointed agents on contingency agreements.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly financial results to all appointed agents not on contingency agreements.
- Maintain agency contact information and utilize all available resources to coordinate marketing communication messages.
- Process and track leadership team’s Travel & Expense reports.
- Ability to learn, utilize and demonstrate proficiency at multiple Chubb management reporting systems
- Maintain accurate and complete agency, meeting, and subject files.
- Prepare /create monthly and ad hoc presentations, reports, letters, announcements, exhibits, etc. in a clear and concise manner with minimal editing required by the regional leadership team.
- Coordinate and support execution of meetings, luncheons, events (internal & off-site) in an efficient & timely manner and within budget.
- Serve as a central point for disseminating inter-departmental communication and coordinate the flow of information throughout the branch.
- Coordinate and manage flow of external communication to agents.
- Assist with coordination of local Facilities Management and Human Resources.
- Facilitate on‐site maintenance and repairs to office space and equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact with customers and all levels of Management.
- Strong administrative skills i.e. the ability to handle correspondence and phone inquiries, maintain files, take notes in meetings, prepare and monitor expense accounts, and complete special projects as needed.
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Responds to requests with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines consistently.
- Detail oriented; strong ability to work with numbers, prepare reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative.
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment. Easily shifts from task to task.
- Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively.
- Proficiency in scheduling meetings, coordinating events and making travel arrangements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.