Administrative Assistant 1 (34880)
Amentum is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Industrial Operations & Maintenance team in Winston Salem, NC!
This position reports to the Operations Manager while interfacing and providing support to all operations personnel. This position interfaces with multiple levels of the Amentum organization including client representatives.
- Must have excellent communication and follow up skills as well as professional office etiquette
- Must be able to multitask and keep deadlines in a fast-paced operations environment.
- Parts ordering, tracking, follow up with vendor.
- Obtain quotations from vendors for parts and services.
- Process parts for re-entry into the parts crib.
- Generate IT help desk tickets for employees.
- Assist with new employee time keeping, check requests, etc.
- Input data into the M5000 CMMS.
- Prepare reports from Excel and other programs.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, travel arrangements.
- Handle incoming mail and other materials.
- Operate office equipment.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year experience in an administrative position.
- Willingness to take on new tasks.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Working knowledge of the M5000 CMMS systems
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to meet job requirements, with exemplary attention to detail and follow-up skills sufficient to provide administrative support to multiple team members.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, including the ability to produce complex power point presentations, perform word processing, schedule and track meetings and appointments, create, and respond to emails, etc.
- Extensive experience with Excel, including the ability to create spreadsheets, use pivot tables, track data, generate reports, etc.
- Excellent phone skills, verbal and written skills, and professional office presence with other employee and guests.
- Fluency with office technology to navigate Amentum systems and provide related support.
- Experience summarizing and/or capturing in writing the facts regarding complex matters or confidential discussions.
- Experience in purchasing and managing office supplies.
- Experience working with Senior Management and Executive level employees to arrange travel, organize meetings, process business visas, reconcile expense and travel reports, etc.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.