Administrative Assistant ( R-00070577-OTHLOC-PL-2D1929 )
Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry?
Leidos is seeking an Administrative Assistant who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. This position requires a person with demonstrated office management expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success. Key attributes include initiative as well as critical thinking to identify and prioritize actions to assist the team to be successful in achieving program goals.
Location: New Orleans, LA or The Woodlands, TX. Role is currently remote, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Duties to be performed include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for providing administrative assistance to a large team of 200+ employees
- Responsible for scheduling travel, completing expense reports, time charging questions and other questions as they arise.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of client files and privacy of information.
- Requires strong organizational skills, good time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Primary responsibilities require strong computer skills for managing databases, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma with 2+ years of administrative experience
- Must have strong computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assist all team members
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and changes
- Must be very detail oriented
- Demonstrated persistence in following-through on action items and open issues to full closure
- Experience booking travel and creating expense reports in Concur (preferred)
- Experience with onboarding/offboarding employees to include ordering/collecting equipment, first day details, answering first day questions (preferred)