Administrative Assistant ( R-00073559 )
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and support a rapidly growing organization? Do you enjoy building expertise and tackling a variety of tasks each day? Do you like acting as a trusted resource? Do you get excited to help your teammates? The Leidos Commercial Energy Solutions Operation team is looking for a tenacious, self-starting Administrative Assistant in our Durham NC office. This position will be for a temporary contract worker to support for a period of 6 months, with a potential to convert to a permanent position.
As a Administrative Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work with the Power Delivery division supporting Engineering Managers in a variety of tasks.
- New Hire Onboarding Support
- Ordering and maintaining Office/Breakroom Supplies
- POC for any building maintenance requests
- Managing equipment from those that have resigned/been terminated
- Office PPE stock
- Maintain stock, inventory, and distribution of equipment (keyboards, monitors, docks, etc.)
- Receiving/shipping packages/mail
- Control of temporary badges and distribution
- Coordinate conference room reservations for trainings (facility conference room with property management)
- Ordering lunches for client meetings/trainings
- Greeting people and directing them to who/where they are meeting
- Monitor housekeeping of office
- Distribute office/org wide notifications
- Coordinate yearly holiday events
- WO cleanup for programs (billable)
- WO re-writes for programs (billable)
- Shared drive cleanup and maintenance for program working files (billable)
- Updating Jira issues for retrofits (e.g. Client requests additional data on reports that needs to be added to Jira issues) (billable)
- PO and rentals
- Storm duty activation coordination
- An expert with MS Word (background in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint would be a plus);
- A strong background in proofreading, grammar and formatting;
- A HS diploma or GED equivalent and 2-4 years of relevant experience,…an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, Accounting or other discipline would be a plus!
- Ability to work in fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment, all while maintaining a positive and proactive outlook;
- Strong analytical and communication skills to sort through complex documentation;
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and oversight and anticipate upcoming project support needs.
To this role, you will bring extraordinary interpersonal and organizational skills, and act as a natural problem solver. We love a can-do attitude here at Leidos and look forward to speaking with you!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.Pay Range: