Administrative Assistant: Claims (343593)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This visible role will provide administrative support to Claims Financial Lines Leaders in various locations (CT, NY, NJ), which includes Executive Leadership and our Claims organization in our Simsbury, CT office.
The position requires a highly skilled individual who can problem solve, prioritize, as well as manage a complex and evolving calendar, global travel schedule and collaborate across our highly matrixed organization.
The ideal candidate will require minimal supervision, be highly confidential and able to build and manage relationships at all levels of the organization. The role requires expert time management skills, accessibility, responsiveness, and flexibility in collaborating across time zones and departments. The candidate must possess the desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing priorities.
The position interfaces with internal partners across the global organization, as well as a diverse group of co-workers, external partners, and vendors.
This role reports to our SVP, Employment Practices Liability, Financial Lines and is located in our Simsbury, CT office.
- Significant calendar management, gatekeeping, and meeting logistics.
- Coordinate and manage all logistics related onsite, offsite and Webex meetings and events hosted by the Claims and Claims Leadership Team. Responsible for the set up and attendance in various Claims meetings (set up presentation laptop, set up of Webex calls, ensure food/beverages are ordered/arrived for meetings, contact IT if there are technical concerns etc.,)
- Proactively manages the schedule ensuring that Claims Leadership are aware of priority issues of impact.
- Coordinate domestic travel logistics; working with global contacts to prepare detailed travel itineraries, coordinate commercial flights, dining, and ground transportation; prepare and process required documentation for international travel.
- Process expense reports for multiple individuals; reconcile and track monthly credit card statements and expenditures in a timely manner. Experience and proficiency with Concur is strongly preferred.
- Perform administrative analyses which require a considerable degree of independent decision making.
- Create, edit, and proofread correspondence, formal communications, and presentations.
- Create and maintain team distribution lists and staff listings, etc.
- Regularly maintain organization charts.
- Review and respond to emails, filing and forwarding as appropriate.
- Screen phone calls and visitors and point of contact for Claims activities.
- Administer programs, special projects, and/or processes as assigned.
- Prepare reports which may include data collection, coordination, final copy preparation, distribution, etc.
- Partners with other Administrative professional in the broader Claims organization on various efforts. Provides back up Administrative support as needed.
- Ability to professionally handle sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Use data and analytics to create robust reports and provide options for recommendations solutions.
- Partner with leadership and Human Resources to assist in planning, coordination, and execution of employee engagement events, rewards and recognition and community involvement.
- Partner with onsite facilities team and other Administrative professionals to provide branch support in the Simsbury location.
- Undertake tasks of onsite facility management to ensure office supplies are stocked and breakrooms are provisioned appropriately.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated competence in senior administrative role is required.
- Experience in a role that has a high degree of professionalism and a demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and work in a fast pace environment.
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal skills; capable of working with all levels of office personnel in a corporate setting and polished executive presence.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency of PC and various Microsoft software programs including Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to create documents and reports with minimal direction. An Intermediate level of proficiency is required.
- Ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of the organization, role and objectives of the department, personnel, and policies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner and Self-starter with willingness to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to think and work independently with limited supervision.
- Proven ability in planning, prioritizing, and organizing diverse workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure with accuracy and perfection.
Please note, at the time of posting, our US offices are expected to return to a Hybrid schedule on 1/10/22. Our Hybrid schedule is defined as 3 days in the office (thos role is located in Simsbury) and 2 days remote.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates, and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background can contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.