Clinical Administrative Coordinator - La Palma, CA (99999553)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we'll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have a chance to make an impact.
Facilitates hospitalist orders for discharge planning. Ensures that patients who need inpatient care are admitted to right hospital along with our hospitalist. Also responsible for taking calls from IPA members regarding urgent care facility location and authorization requests.
- Manage administrative intake of members
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and/or providers
- Process incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents/triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Ensures the appropriate utilization of capitated and contracted specialists, providers, facilities, and vendors according to region and risk. Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers
- Carry out discharge plans, schedule necessary appointments, process authorizations
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. The pace is fast, so your ability to multi-task is essential. You should also enjoy working with people and have the communication skills necessary to build strong relationships with our patients.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- Medical Assistant experience
- Experience with referrals and authorizations
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Familiar with medical insurance, IPA, health plans
- 2+ years of experience as an inpatient / outpatient coordinator
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- Clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Bilingual- Spanish
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Admin Coordinator, Customer Service, Clinical Administrative Coordinator, Medical Office, Receptionist, Patient Care, Medical, Inpatient, Prior Authorization, Intake, Call Center, Healthcare, Admitting and Registration Clerk, La Palma, LA County, Southern CA, CA, California