Data Entry Clerk II
Work Where it Matters
Suvi, an Akima company, is not just another federal mission services contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Suvi, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , Suvi provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , Suvi delivers subject matter experts, an agile management approach, and innovative technologies that accomplish customers’ missions safely, securely, and efficiently.
As a Suvi employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Suvi is seeking a detail-oriented Data Entry Clerk II professional with a strong attention to detail, and a positive team focus. This is a great job for someone with solid computer skills and experience working in a warehouse setting.
Competitive Pay! Apply today!
This position is located in the State Department’s Dispatch Agency office located in Iselin, NJ. The incumbent primarily serves as a data entry clerk performing a variety of technical assignments supporting the receipt and validation of electronic data records associated with supplies and equipment received in the office's consolidation warehouse that are destined for the Department’s overseas locations. These records are maintained in the Department’s Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) Transportation module. Validation of these records in ILMS requires the incumbent to apply problem solving skills and possess the ability to use multiple data sources to verify the records are correct. As such, the incumbent shall have a good working knowledge of common computer skills as well as experience with applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
The incumbent must possess oral and written communication skills to facilitate problem resolution of individual receipt records through email and telephone communications with vendors and Department embassies and consulates around the world. The incumbent will also be required maintains a cooperative working liaison with staff at the other U.S. Dispatch Agencies (Baltimore, Seattle, Miami and Antwerp), and various headquarters staff in the Department’s Office of Logistic Operations in Washington, DC.
The incumbent will be required to have a favorable Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) clearance conducted by the Department of State’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security, which will require submission of personal information, including Fingerprint Cards.
The work is sedentary, though some walking and standing may occur in the course of a normal workday. The work is primarily performed in an office-like setting involving everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions.
- Assisting in a variety of administrative matters: maintain a wide variety of financial or other records manually and electronically. Verify reports for accuracy and completeness and compiling information.
- As directed, performs a variety of computer, warehouse and office duties, the uploading and entering of customer work and boxing orders for ocean and air shipments.
- Download pick tickets and BOL for the warehouse. Responsibilities also include the invoicing of the worker orders and all warehouse paperwork as well as managing electronic and manual filing systems.
- Other duties include cycle counting, physical inventories, inventorying office supplies, safety, and housekeeping. Management reserves the right to amend this job description predicated on the business needs.
- High School or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 Years Office Experience.
- US Citizen with ability to pass a thorough credit and criminal background check.
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and meet the demands of our customer and management.
- Knowledge of, or experience in/with Warehouse Management Systems, Freight Consolidation and 3PL Operations.
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with the team members. Strong personal attention to details, drive and pride in workmanship.
- Strong command of the English language both verbally and written.
- Great work ethic and team attitude.
- Basic math.
- Proficient with Warehouse Management Systems. (We can train.)
- Proficient with computers and scanners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Able to learn new in- house custom systems, attention to detail, and strong research, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Physical requirements on a regular basis:
- To lift/carry/push up to 40 pounds, sit or stand for long periods of time, bend, squat, stoop, crawl, crouch, lean, kneel, climb, and balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
- The qualified candidate will be subjected to background check.
- Full Time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Office & Administrative Support
Organization: Suvi Global Services
Clearance: Able to Obtain Public Trust
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: SUV00299