Data Management Technician (DMT) – Clerical/Data Entry ( R-00060345 )
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform data entry and other clerical support in support of several divisions/sections for one of our federal agency customers in Memphis, TN. Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
Enters data into variety of computer systems. Enters data in prescribed format for subsequent processing. Reviews error messages and makes corrections during data entry. Maintains operating records. Logs and controls documents.
Dockets files for the USATNW Criminal Division in Caseview
Works with the legal support staff to purge and close files in Caseview
Ensures that records in caseview are accurate and complete.
Check criminal and civil files to ensure they are closed in CaseView, have signed conflict of interest forms, and have signed USA-207 forms
Assists USATNW Financial Litigation Unit (FLU) Open, close, update, and maintain files in CDCS.
Add hold codes Cases in Caseview and calculate destruction dates
Identify and assist the USATNW Administrative division with selection, review, and compilation of records for annual Federal Records Center shipment.
Performs other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills and good communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel or other similar applications).
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, strongly preferred.
- Experience with Caseview, strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree, preferred.
- Current or active clearance.
MEGAExternal Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:SCA Data EntryPay Range: