Work Where it Matters
Tuvli, an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Tuvli, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , Tuvli provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , Tuvli ensures that solutions are strictly aligned with agency processes and desired program outcomes while delivering the best value for technology investments.
As a Tuvli employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Tuvli is looking for an Administrative Assistant to work in Washington, DC. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
- Travel planning, scheduling, and clerical support for Chair of the AIT Board of Trustees.
- Serves as Board Secretary, responsible for scheduling board meetings, meeting minutes, and tasks related to the Board of Trustees.
- Ongoing research support to ensure the Chair maintains broad awareness of relevant issues, as well as in preparation for meetings, public speaking engagements, and other events.
- Drafts tweets and other social media postings.
- Drafts and edits letters and other communications.
- Drafts and edits talking points for meetings and public remarks.
- Plans and helps to organize representational events for Chair and other senior officers of AIT – including finding venues, catering, and management of guest lists and invitations.
- Minimum College degree (preferably in the social sciences, especially political science, Asia studies, international relations, or public policy). Master’s degree in a related field considered an advantage.
- Secret clearance required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of software programs and Twitter or other social media platforms.
- Ability to think and operate with little supervision, identify opportunities and efficiencies, and anticipate needs.
- English language (written and spoken) communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, coordinate activities in multiple locations, act decisively in daily work, and work well in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently to assess priorities and manage daily coordination of details with minimal supervision.
- Occasional travel, both domestic and overseas.
- Mandarin language skills considered an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Office & Administrative Support
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Organization: Tuvli, LLC
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: TUV02929