Carpenter Maintenance (External Facilities) (28603)
Amentum is seeking a skilled Carpenter-Maintenance to perform work related to construction and building & grounds maintenance joining our team in McLean,VA. This position will be responsible for the External Facilities work. Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
Carpenter Grade I - External Facilities
Hours: Monday 6:00AM - Friday 2:30PM
- Perform carpentry buildings and grounds maintenance work.
- Perform carpentry construction work.
- Responsible for the planning, layout and execution of jobs.
- Performs minor masonry and concrete work.
- Perform related work as required.
- Provides oversight to outside contractors.
- Directs Carpenter II and M/M Helpers, and repair personnel as assigned.
- Read blueprints and generate bill of materials.
- Four (4) years experience in the carpentry trade or completion of a recognized apprenticeship, vocational or internal development program for a journeyman carpenter
- High school, technical school, apprenticeship, trade school graduate or equivalent required
- Must be able to physically lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 50lbs. Ability to climb, crawl, bend and/or sit in cramped or uncomfortable places and positions
- A willingness to work shift if necessary, including days, evenings and nights as well as overtime, weekends and holidays as required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance