Construction Project Engineer ( R-00090622 )
The Leidos Civil NISC IV program has an opening for a Construction Project Engineer in Anchorage, Alaska. This position will support coordination of plant and facility design, planning and construction for Flight Service Stations and other projects such as facility building refurbishment and construction.
Responsibilities will be:
- Position will be responsible for planning, designing, and overseeing the construction of new or expanded facilities across the State of Alaska.
- Prepares or coordinates engineering designs and documents, cost estimates, functional studies, construction plans, specifications, and schedules.
- Coordinates with outside contractors and all stakeholders.
- Recommends engineering design procedures and standards for the planning and design of facilities.
- Coordinates the detailed design, budgetary cost development and tracking, construction, compliance, and final inspection of facility projects.
- Conducts planning and review meetings with stakeholders through all phases of a project.
- Provides engineering consulting services to local and divisional offices.
Position approximately requires 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Civil Engineering, Electrical (Power Systems) OR Mechanical Engineering preferred) and at least 4+ years of relevant experience. An additional years of relevant experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Project Management skills/background.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- PMP (Project Management Professional).
- Arctic Engineering.
- FAA experience.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.