Field Construction Compliance Inspector
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As the Local Manager supervising a diverse team of 10+ Conduit Inspectors, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the placement of conduit, manholes, concrete pads, hand holes, inner duct, mule tape, poles, aerial anchors and cable. You will require independence for meeting multiple task demands, as well as subject matter expertise for maintaining high priority requirements that meet quality, safety and regulatory standards for compliance. Safety, quality issues, workforce performance, feedback and training, and labor relations will all be on your radar. You will be pushing your team and yourself to find ways to improve business results every day.
- Leading, motivating, developing, and mentoring your Field Technicians.
- Developing action plans to mitigate service issues.
- Proactively collaborating with labor/union.
- Removing barriers and solving problems to help your team be productive.
- Coordinate and inspect the construction and placement of our facilities along with verification of billing for completed work.
- Provide and ensure the pathway for new copper and fiber cables by dispatching outside contractors’ to machine or hand rod and clean ducts and place mule tape and/or inner duct to pull or jet copper and fiber cables.
- Collaborate with our Engineering and Construction teams on weekly/monthly meetings.
- Coordinate and schedule power hookup and electrical work for electronic cabinets.
- Complete field inspections to measure the quality and safety of the contractor's work.
- Ensure all jobs are billed accordingly to the contract language and timely to meet due dates.
- Plan and coordinate copper cable removals as requested.
- Approve locations for placement of outside plant facilities.
- Promptly investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Ensure all jobs are completed and closed out on contractor time sheets to insure major material is dispersed correctly.
- Work with municipal authorities ensuring work is done to the proper specifications.
Where you’ll be working:
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
What we’re looking for...
You’re organized, motivated, and detail oriented, and known for your sound judgment. Solving problems creatively and constantly looking for ways to improve processes are some of your strengths. You’re comfortable holding people accountable for their performance and their adherence to policy, and you’re able to inspire and engage diverse groups to do their best work.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Availability to work extended hours when necessary, including weekends and after hours and on call as required for the needs of the business.
- Experience in Outside Plant construction.
- Experience reading engineering work orders.
- Knowledge and experience of aerial plant placement and buried-in underground plant placement.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Four or more years of experience in an outside plant construction environment.
- Supervisory experience in a field operations environment.
- Experience in administering processes and policies as they relate to safety, attendance, performance work rules and code of conduct.
- Knowledge of and experience with aerial plant placement and buried in underground plant placement.
- Experience providing training, feedback, and motivation to employees.
- Strong organizational, time management, and results-oriented leadership skills.
- Knowledge of employment labor laws.
- Union employee management experience.
- Customer negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask on various priorities and projects while delivering on tight timelines.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, Outlook/G-Mail, and PowerPoint.
- Cross-functional team management experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.