Construction Site Coordinator - Any FE location
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
The individual in this position has responsibility to coordinate and supervise pre-construction, construction, and post-construction activities for Transmission and Distribution substation and line projects.
This position can be located at any of the FE facilities.
- Fostering a high-performing safety culture through personal conduct and utilization of human performance principles.
- Coordinating and supervising smaller to medium size projects or support larger projects under the supervision of more experienced Construction Site Coordinators.
- Ability to clearly understand the scope of assigned project including the problem / need and the constraints of the scope.
- Understanding how schedules are developed and utilized including CPM calculations, float, and predecessors.
- Proactively managing scheduled tasks for all construction activities on assigned projects and report on schedule progress.
- Participating with the project team to develop contractor bid packages.
- Participating in pre-bid meetings. Documenting and following up on the action items.
- Assisting in performing constructability reviews with site walkdowns.
- Coordinating material requests, need date & location, delivery, and verification of materials at the project site, staging, and monitoring for contractor use.
- Coordinating staking of structures, wetlands, and vegetation as part of the project’s scope assessment.
- Understanding how site actions impact project costs. Proactively understanding all estimate components for a project, and the relationship of estimate to the project Schedule of Values.
- Ensuring adherence to safety and quality standards and specifications.
- Understanding Quality Standards and specific quality requirements as defined for the outcome of construction activities.
- Clearly articulating quality requirements for all vendors and others working on construction activities.
- Understanding resource needs on assigned projects.
- Inspecting work performed by contractors against design and construction standards.
- Understanding the typical risks on a transmission construction project. Implementing a construction risk management plan for anticipated construction risks.
- Documenting project site meetings with contractors that address issues such as safety, performance, quality control, or adherence to construction schedules.
- Ensuring all the stakeholders have necessary permit copies.
- Maintaining digital / printed copy of the red line drawings of the project site.
- Participating in contractor evaluation, project review meetings, and meetings concerning “Lessons Learned”.
- Aware of procedures and policies designed to comply with ethics standards. Consistently applies ethic guidelines in working with stakeholders (external and internal).
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related technical field and 2 years of relevant experience required. In lieu of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required, commercial or industrial construction is preferred.
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, customer focused, and results oriented
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team