Civil/Construction Engineer (Virtual, Part-Time) ( R-00056825-OTHLOC-PL-2D2824 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.Job Description
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a part time (20 hrs per week) mid-level Civil/Construction Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration. This will be 100% remote.Primary Responsibilities
- Perform assessments of Unstaffed Infrastructure (UIS) facilities, review assessments performed by others, identify needs, and consolidate multiple needs into groups of similar needs, so that the number of new Originations required per site is minimized.
- Research existing originations in the CWP and coordinate scopes of new Originations to avoid duplication of projects.
- Coordinate with Services Area (SA) Program Implementation Managers (PIMs) and RSs to resolve potential conflicts between proposed and existing project scopes and schedules.
- Coordinate with Systems Support Center (SSC) personnel, Technical Services (TS) National Air Space (NAS) Implementation Program Managers (NIPMs), Program Implementation Managers (PIMs) and Services Area (SA) Requirements Specialists (RSs) to update information in the UIS Asset Database (UIS AD).
- Review technical drawings to update asset information in the UIS Asset Database (UIS AD).
- Assist with development of the UIS Site Assessment template.
- Work with the Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) program office to enhance the capabilities of the UIS AD as directed.
- Provide support to the program office on other UIS asset related tasks
- General Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 4 to 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer. Masters Degree with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Knowledge of Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities
- Knowledge of National Airspace System Equipment Tower (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB), Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power, general building construction techniques, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)s, fire detection, security, site work
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:1000Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:20Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Civil EngineeringPay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00