Civil/Construction Engineer ( R-00059095 )
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Civil/Construction Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Infrastucture Construction and Installation Center Team
- Support Engineering Services (ES) in the design, installation and renovation of FAA employee housing and life safety shelters in remote areas of Alaska and the continental United States.
- Perform project engineering, including but not limited to site survey, quality control, technical problem solving and field coordination
- Perform assessments of facilities, review assessments performed by others, identify needs, and consolidate multiple needs into groups of similar needs to minimize the number of new project originations per site.
- Coordinate with Systems Support Center (SSC) and Technical Services personnel, National Air Space Implementation Program Managers (NIPMs) and Service Area (SA) Requirements Specialists (RSs) to identify needs, confirm that proposed originations are valid and reflect current needs.
- Coordinate with SA Program Implementation Managers (PIMs) and RSs to resolve potential conflicts between proposed and existing project scopes and schedules.
- Research existing originations in the FAA’s Corporate Work Plan (CWP) tool and coordinate scopes of new Originations to avoid duplication of projects.
- Support program office with strategic planning and execution related maters
- Civil or Construction Engineering Degree (B.S.) from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited institution. Minimum 4 - 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer. Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Experience with design, implementation and logistical considerations of working in remote areas of Alaska.
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certificatio