AIMS Construction Project Manager ( R-00084366-OTHLOC-PL-2D0455 )
Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) is the prime contractor to the National Science Foundation (NSF) in support of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). Leidos supports the NSF’s Office of Polar Program’s Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics by aligning with their Mission and Vision Statements:
Vision: Expanding our scientific reach in Antarctica through increased operational and logistical effectiveness.
Mission: To provide the operational and logistical platform necessary for the U.S. to conduct world-class science in Antarctica and maintain its active and influential presence on the continent.
This position will directly support the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS) project management organization and coordinates with construction management, construction subcontractors and functional operations to facilitate and ensure project effectiveness and efficiency. The role will be required to deploy to Antarctica for 2-3 months each year and support the construction of AIMS at McMurdo Station. This project is a construction project on Antarctica and will need to have commercial or government construction background. This position will perform assignments such as: developing procedures, processes, performance measurement metrics, understanding of subcontractor contract requirements, coordination and preparation of data to support project performance reviews, monthly reporting and maintaining and reporting on project key performance indicators (KPI's). Oversees detailed planning and coordination of project work, integrating all tasks into a unified effort that minimizes impacts to ongoing operations. This role also will have a major role in project change orders, EVMS reviews, weekly and monthly client status reports, and coordination with subcontractors. This position will report to the AIMS Senior Project Manager.
Essential attributes for this job are leadership (people and/or project), time management, deadline orientation, effective communication, attention to detail, contract knowledge and experience managing subcontractors, and computer competences. The project manager will need to facilitate with base operations and foster teamwork across all organizations.
Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
• Construction Project Manager for AIMS program and project elements
• Stakeholder liaison between AIMS project and Antarctic Service Contract (ASC) operational functional work groups while on McMurdo Station
• Risk management coordination across AIMS, National Science Foundation (NSF), and subcontractors
• Control Account Manager (CAM) for assigned budgetary elements
• Review and assess planning across the portfolio of AIMS projects and identify gaps or challenges
• Coordinate execution of AIMS within ASC and its integration with the overall capital project program
• Facilitate coordination between all ASC user groups and perform stakeholder management
• Identify planning deficiencies to project managers and program staff
• Partner with Parsons for seamless execution
• Execute CAM responsibilities in accordance with ASC policies and project requirements
• Bachelor’s degree (engineering, or technical field)
• 10+ years related experience in the engineering and construction industry
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Must be able to deploy to Antarctica for 2-3 months
• Must be able to attain a public trust background check
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to establish relationships internally and external to ASC and Leidos
• Knowledge of Government contracts and subcontracting
• Contract and vendor management
• Proposal development and management
• Performance Metrics Development and Management
• Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with subcontractors to drive positive results
• Advanced degree in a related field
• Earned Value Management System experience
• Bonus for remote location construction experience
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
• Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional relationships
• Ability to develop and contribute to the execution of long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise objectives
• Excellent business acumen and ability to formulate solutions to complex problems and clearly communicate strategies to large audiences
• Strong organizational skills to handle many overlapping projects simultaneously
• Ability to successfully interface and interact with all levels of the organization
• Experience with incentive fee-type subcontracts