Field Construction Engineer Manager ( 604730-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll work with cross functional teams including Engineering, Customer Service Center and Contract Administration to plan, organize, schedule and control all mainline and entrance projects within the force to load guidelines.
- Managing Union represented employees.
- Prioritizing workload based on due dates and customer requirements.
- Tracking jobs status and accomplishments including the close out of completed jobs.
- Maintaining productivity and cost reports.
- Completing quality inspections and daily time reporting for all direct reports.
Where you’ll be working:
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
What we’re looking for...
You’re organized, motivated, and detail oriented, and known for your sound judgment. Solving problems creatively and constantly looking for ways to improve processes are some of your strengths. You’re comfortable holding people accountable for their performance and their adherence to policy, and you’re able to inspire and engage diverse groups to do their best work.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical knowledge of OSP underground systems and typical construction standards.
- Three or more years’ experience in Outside Plant Design, Engineering and Planning.
- Availability to work extended hours when necessary, including weekends and after hours and on call as required for the needs of the business.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or four or more years of work experience.
- A degree.
- Professional Engineer experience.
- Knowledge with New York City municipal agencies codes and standard specifications.
- Experience managing telecom interferences on NYC municipal construction projects.
- Knowledge of methods of municipal construction including excavation, trenching, sheeting.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to work with construction superintendents and professional engineers.
- Strong negotiation, communication and cost estimating skills.
- Experience administering processes and policies as they relate to: safety, attendance, performance work rules and code of conduct.
- Experience with communication systems and tools.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Gmail.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.