Manager-Kinetic Construction - ( 24000330 )
Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers. small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
About the Role:
As a Manager- Kinetic Construction you will lead a vital team representing our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise, and carrier partners across the United States. In this position you will be accountable for the safe and successful installation of aerial, buried and underground cable. You will have the authority to allocate resources and make construction decisions for the assigned areas in accordance with company policies, standards, guidelines, and commitments. Accountable for managing the overall project execution performance including scope, engineering, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff, provide general direction and accountabilityfor the engineering, construction, quality, schedule, and cost control of assigned jobs.
- Ensure availability of resources with proper expertise of tools/processes to support engineering and construction project execution.
- Manage call out teams and handle after hours issues including on holidays, weekends, emergencies, and escalations.
- Visit construction job sites and validate workmanship.
- Ensure job requests are within budget.
- Attend management calls and meetings as requested.
- Participate in continuous safety training.
- Attend training to stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Work on problems and perform analysis of data requiring evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Exercise sound judgement in selecting engineering techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Plan and analyze recommendations, work guidance or deviations in support of new OSP construction including fiber to the premises (FTTP) and any modern technology requirements.
- Oversee the wireline engineering and construction projects to ensure projects are complete and within budget.
- Work with the materials coordinator to verify materials for the job.
- Take corrective action with employees, as necessary. Promote a culture of innovative solutions that embody accountability and efficiency.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to management.
- Report to the Staff Manager while having several Direct Reports.
- Travel required up-to 50% of time in assigned area of responsibility and overnight stays as needed. Also, may be required to deploy to another State for Engineeringand or Constructing Fiber Builds with as much time away as 1-3 Weeks.
Do You Have?
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple construction/engineering jobs simultaneously and meet the job in-service dates.
- Authentic and collaborative communication skills.
- Ability to discuss technology and connecting customers to products they value to create meaningful connections and long-term relationships.
- Able to reconcile engineering and construction activities and manage changes during the engineering and construction processes.
- Knowledgeable of engineering and construction practices.
- Able to apply a broad knowledge on a variety of vendor equipment and outside plant and outside plant electronics disciplines.
- Ability to lead a group of individual contributors to accomplish the goals of the department.
- Ability to effectively lead and provide managerial insight and direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with multiple projects and diverse customer needs.
- College degree and 5-7 years of experience with 2 years supervisory experience within Engineering and Construction.
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to pass DOT certification per-hire and ability to obtain a CDL license post-hire.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects while maintaining budgetary emphasis.
- Familiarity with PC and software to include CAD and Microsoft.
- OSHA Training, NEC Training.
- Certifications within the Telecom Industry.
- Knowledgeable in quality construction practices.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream CIB Statement
Connecting people in a world of infinite possibilities. Windstream cultivates a workplace culture where innovation and belonging are the cornerstones of our success. We are dedicated to empowering every member of our team to contribute their unique talents and perspectives, fostering an environment where creativity and innovation flourish. Together, we strive to build a more welcoming and connected future, both within our organization and in the broader community we serve.
Our Employee Resource Groups:
- WinVets – Veteran Employee Resource Group
- WOW – Women Employee Resource Group
- WINPRIDE – LGBTQ Employee Resource Group
- WBPN – Black Professional Resource Group
- WARG – Ability Resource Group
- LaFamilia –Hispanic Resource Group
Actual base pay for this job will depend on the candidate's primary work location and other factors, such as relevant skills and experience.
Minimum Requirements: College degree in Engineering or a related field and 5-7 years professional level experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 9 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required. This is a safety sensitive position.
Primary Location : US-Georgia-Moultrie
Work Locations :
Moultrie GA 282 Industrial Dr282 Industrial Dr
Job Category : Engineering
EEO Statement: : Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Req ID: 24000330
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.