Construction Superintendent (38255)
Amentum is seeking a Construction Superintendent to join our team to support their domestic construction project at Ft. George G. Meade, Maryland.
We are pipelining candidates for a future role.
You're a self-starting individual who enjoys the satisfaction of being part of a successful project team. Utilizing your skills in leadership, you'll apply your gained experience and understanding of the construction environment to accomplish the short and long term goals of this design / build / refurbishment project. Your experience will benefit you in collaborating with associates and the customer in defining solutions to support the project goals. The collaborative spirit of the project team will challenge you to think outside the box in providing ideas and concepts that will provide a solid product for a valued customer. Your outstanding communication skills will allow you to convey clear and concise thoughts in written and verbal form. You will also utilize your understanding of scheduling, cost and project management computer skills to support the the project and the requirements of this position.
- Responsible for work procedures, scheduling, cost control, project specification conformity, and the maintenance of accurate project records.
- Implement the construction portion of the assigned project through day-to-day direction of all field activities and is responsible for all job site activities.
- Responsible for directing contractors through proper sequencing to meet period of performance deadlines.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of fieldwork.
- Act as a customer contact for construction related issues in the field.
- Ensure construction is done in compliance with design specifications, and is completed per schedule.
- Adheres to budgeted constraints.
- Under limited direction, has responsibility for construction activities on a project.
- Interpret, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Responsible for managing complex construction projects.
- Conduct work requiring independent evaluation, utilizing standard construction techniques.
- Works on unusually complicated projects.
- May perform general construction activities as needed (hammering, sawing, etc.)
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 10 years of experience as a Project Superintendent in a trade with an apprenticeship
- Must have a graduate certificate or professional license.
- Must be able and willing to perform physical demanding tasks with exposure to weather, such as lifting or carrying objects, walking on uneven ground, climbing stairs, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (such as Word, Excel, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of construction concepts, methods, and processes.
- Ability to read and work from Construction drawings and specifications.
- A basic understanding of CSI code breakdown.
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance at a later date in employment.
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Construction Management Certificate.
- Primavera would be a plus to have.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-orientated work.