Facilities Operator (25488)
Amentum is seeking a Facilities Operator in Alice Springs, Australia. The Facilities Operator is responsible for the execution of technical control, operation, maintenance and configuration of all assigned facility infrastructure systems and equipment. This includes elements of planning, organization, coordination, scheduling, training, mentoring, and resource management associated with the day to day operation and maintenance of the facility.
The Facilities Operator is responsible for the efficient and timely identification and completion of operational work tasks and ensuring high levels of service are maintained. This role also ensures that the facility operational configuration is controlled in a manner that maximizes productivity and equipment reliability.
The Facilities Operator is a member of a small team of experienced tradespeople responsible for the supply and distribution of critical primary utilities. Within this team the Facilities Operator must contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, supporting the implementation of improvement initiatives and technical advances.
This position works closely with the Senior Watch Chief, other Facilities Operators, and Facilities Operator Maintainers to foster, promote, and maintain best practice standards and enable reliable, consistent and effective delivers of 24/7/365 facility operational support. This role is key to the success of the broader O&M team and works closely with all Facilities O&M personnel in the delivery of high-quality O&M services to support the mission.
Responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
- Operate and maintain facility infrastructure, systems, and equipment
- Coordinate and execute configuration changes on assigned facility systems and associated equipment
- Staff and operate the Facility Control Centre to include tracking of real-time site-wide impairment status, resource location and permitting
- Coordinate and execute rapid and reliable response to abnormal facility operational situations and emergencies; including equipment repair when necessary
- Evaluate and document the functionality and reliability of assigned systems and associated equipment, to include the compilation and maintenance of concise and accurate logs
- Monitor and facilitate the update of technical drawings, panel schedules, and equipment operating procedures
At Amentum we can connect you with great opportunities all over the world. We have 34,000 professionals located in 50 states and 105 countries and together we are supporting mission critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive deployment assistance.
- Strong understanding of facilities equipment and functionality and facilities O&M requirements
- Strong understanding of equipment maintenance requirements (preventive, predictive, and corrective)
- High voltage and low voltage skills (i.e. HV Operator; LV Rescue)
- Demonstrated experience in SCADA, SAP, or other related applications
- Certificate III in a Facilities Trade or related certifications
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain a TS SCI with poly or must be an Australian citizen and possess or be able to obtain a TSPV
- Driver's License
- White Card / General Construction Indication Card
- Confined Space; Working at Heights; Elevated Work Platform
- Forklift License
- First Aid
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV in Project Management/PMP