Maintenance Electrician - Able to obtain TS Clearance
Work Where it Matters
Akima Intra-Data (AID), an Akima company, is not just another federal logistics services provider. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AID, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AID provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AID delivers flexible, full-spectrum facilities, maintenance, and repair and logistics services that enable our customers to reduce operating costs, improve productivity, and enhance the value of their existing assets.
As an AID employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
The Electrician is a full-time, on-site position responsible for general electrical work and assorted duties necessary to maintain, repair, or upgrade all facilities and structures.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems and equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on electrical equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure that all electrical work meets safety standards and codes.
- Read and interpret electrical single line drawings, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Assist with outages.
- Escort outside technicians as needed.
- Check buildings for lights out and replace as necessary.
- Respond to smoke alarms.
- Perform predictive maintenance such as infrared thermography on Panels, PDU’s, UPS’s, Load Centers, and MCC’s as required.
- Perform work orders as needed and record pertinent information to be entered into the computerized maintenance system.
- Attend safety training and certification classes.
- Maintain building certifications.
- Assist and support other departments, staff and/or trade groups as needed or directed.
- Perform other related work as required or assigned.
- Operate Company motor vehicles and/or other equipment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must possess a HS Diploma or GED.
- Must successfully complete a background check to include criminal and credit and obtain a government clearance.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment Drug Test.
- Possess or able to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance with eligibility to access Sensitive Compartmented Information.
- Journeyman skill level.
- Four years (4) years’ experience in electrical maintenance.
Possess a Top-Secret security clearance with eligibility to access Sensitive Compartmented Information.
Trade or tech school highly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Clearance: Able to Obtain TS
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AID00508