Electrician - Cleared (34448)
Amentum is seeking an Electrician to join our team to support their domestic construction project in Las Cruces, New Mexico. If you don't reside in New Mexico, we also provide air travel to/from site, lodging, and meals & incidentals.
You enjoy figuring out what is wrong with a piece of electrical equipment and using your knowledge to fix it, and your passion for the field is evident by your Journeyman Electrician License. With your strong work ethic, you are the kind of dependable teammate we are looking for.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Inventory, assist with packing, and loading of materials bound for project sites.
- Work with crew members when activities require additional manpower outside of mechanical trade.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Welds holding fixtures to steel structural members.
- Installs, modifies and repairs utility, supply, and disposal systems, and equipment, such as water mains, oil and gas distribution systems, air compression equipment, water closets, as well as all type of fire protection equipment.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Journeyman Electrician license
- At least 4 years of experience in the electrical trade
- Must be able and willing to perform physical activities, such as digging trenches to lay conduit, moving and lifting heavy objects, etc.
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility AND polygraph
- Previous overseas experience
- Experience in multiple trade skills - (i.e. Carpentry / Plumbing)
- Masters Electrical Certification