Senior Facilities Support Technician - Corpus Christi, TX (112220196)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Respond to and resolve daily work requests for maintenance, repair or replacement/relocation of facility, office, clinic, or work space concerns. Duties include, but are not limited to lighting systems, temperature, plumbing, electrical, painting, door/hardware, carpet, wall repair and moving furniture/equipment. Documentation may include use of automated work order system, such as TRACK–IT.
- Provides general building/facility systems maintenance services for safe and comfortable operations
- Prioritize service calls, and follow up upon completion under direction of the facility supervisor
- Ensures quality and completion of tasks
- Performs minor construction projects
- Performs preventive maintenance on building systems
- Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Maintains stock and inventory control
- Acts as lead for multi-technician market or works unsupervised in a single-technician market
- Provides structured training sessions to other technicians
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 10+ years of experience in building maintenance or 5+ years of experience in building maintenance with a technical school degree
- Current driver’s license in applicable state
- Access to reliable transportation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Ability to prioritize, and organize various work orders
- Ability and willingness to work irregular work hours on occasion
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of of related experience in a medical setting
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 67 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.