Facilities Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician for the Bluegrass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant Project located in Richmond, Kentucky.
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours to include shift work.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
- Performs installation, repair and maintenance of non-plant facilities, buildings, mechanical equipment, systems and components. This includes changing of light bulbs, general building maintenance, plumbing and minor repairs.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Performs emergency repairs to non-plant related systems equipment and component
- Replaces worn, damaged, or failed non-plant equipment and components.
- Demonstrates and conducts any required inspections or post-maintenance testing of systems, equipment and components as necessary to complete work packages and ensures systems, equipment and components are returned to operational conditions.
- Utilizes a variety of vehicles, landscaping tools, hand and power tools in the performance of duties.
- Works with maintenance personnel on site after facility tasks are completed.
- Works in environments with elevated temperatures.
- Maintains accountability of property, including tools and maintenance equipment.
- Wears various types of personnel protective equipment in the performance of maintenance tasks.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks, following predetermined checklists in the performance of preventive maintenance, as well as a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks.
- Understands and utilizes a variety of measurement and test equipment in the performance of duties.
- Responsible for maintenance of grounds, including mowing, trimming, planting of grass and shrubbery at the facility. Will perform painting on non-plant buildings as required.
- Performs painting and coating of non-plant and Plant buildings as required.
- Ensures parking lots are well marked and in good repair.
- Performs carpentry work such as repairing or building wall structures.
- Performs plumbing as required including, but not limited to, replacing sinks, water coolers and toilet repair
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps and sidewalks.
- Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hanging doors and installing door locks.
- Moving and/or relocating office furniture.
- May be required to build and/or remove scaffolding
- May be required to operate heavy industrial equipment, to include but not limited to: backhoes, road maintenance machinery, snow removal machinery and other related industrial equipment.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a CDL
This position is designated as an unescorted access position and is subject to the requirements of the Unescorted Access Program (UAP). As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, urinalysis testing, respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by the Blue Grass Army Depot Commander.
BGCAPP is subject to Army Regulations (AR 50-6 Chemical Surety Program and AR190-59 Unescorted Access Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and unescorted Access Program (UAP). Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship. Employees must favorably complete a series of screenings to include but not limited to: a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation, drug/alcohol testing and medical examination.
All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. Respiratory screening and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required for this position. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the Blue Grass Army Depot is required.
High school diploma or equivalent and 3 years’ experience in an operating demilitarization, chemical, power, processing, industrial service, or manufacturing facility with a prime working experience building and taking down scaffolds and temporary structures. May include one or more of the following trades: general site maintenance, painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electric, and insulating
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) site access
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any depot or BGCAPP drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
- Have a thorough understanding of equipment operation and maintenance requirements
- Be detail oriented and able to exercise good judgment in problem solving
- Experience in a toxic or hazardous work environment
- Experience operating heavy equipment in construction, road maintenance, snow removal or other related industry preferred