Senior Manager - Regional Facilities
Senior Manager - Regional Facilities (Job Number: 2301738 )
Penske Truck Leasing is seeking a Regional Facilities Manager to fulfill our Northeast United States facility needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for management of new facility construction, facility renovation maintenance projects. This includes creating the scope of work for specific projects, engineering, project validation and justification, budgeting, financial analysis, and construction project management.
This position will require the applicant to reside at one of our regional offices or remote.
- Participates in new site selection decisions and ensures the cost effective construction of high quality, functional, and efficient facilities.
- Provides strategic advice to field management on any facility related issue
- Provides a seamless connection between corporate construction standards and field implementations.
- Engineering as it relates to site selection, site layout, site utilities and drainage, layout and design of renovations
- Managing the design engineering team
- Perform financial analysis including value engineering, project cost analysis and contract negotiations
- Perform bid analysis and contractor selections for large, multi-million dollar projects.
- Manage projects for new building, expansions, renovations, and maintenance
- Perform facility reviews and inspections for existing conditions and to identify future projects
- Create and maintain strong relationships with internal clients
- Provide critical information to senior management
- Assist and provide expertise and professionalism in engineering and construction to Penske’s external customers
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years project management of construction and maintenance projects ranging in size from $5,000 to $11,000,000 that included work with zoning and permitting agencies.
- Ability to run multiple projects with a yearly aggregate project cash flow of $10M
- Skilled at project programming, design concepts, construction technology, construction administration and project management including : estimating, scheduling, bidding, negotiation, execution and closeout
- Thorough knowledge of design and construction contracts and associated administrative tools
- AutoCAD operation is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Access, and MS Project are a plus.
- 50% travel is required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :1326 W. Craighead Rd. 1326 W. Craighead Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28206
Primary Location : United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Job : Administrative
Req ID: 2301738