Data Center Facilities Technician
Leidos program is seeking a Data Center Facilities Technician to support efforts for Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT); virtualized data centers. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under SMIT, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Responsible for operating and maintaining the virtual data center infrastructure and operating systems. This includes responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate. Conduct server patching, including upgrade activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services. Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures. Provide physical and virtual data center support where appropriate. Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues. Provide incident notification to Government representatives.
• Responsible for managing and resolve issues associated with day-to-day system operation activities of IT hardware and operating systems.
• Ensure Enterprise information systems are secure. Validate systems are in compliance with Cyber Security policies and procedures.
• Ensure effective and efficient operation of data center systems, architecture, and application availability.
• Take escalations from the monitoring team and ensure systems are functioning properly and conform to operation security policies and procedures.
• Analyze system alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts. Track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
• Follow standards, procedures, and processes for Enterprise Operations.
• Work with Data Center Operations to plan and support implementation of new technologies.
• Work with the Cyber Team to employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness).
• AS degree (or years of relevant experience) in Information Systems, Information Security, IT, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 2-4 years of experience
• US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
• DoD 8570.01-M: Information Assurance Manager (IAT) II, (CompTIA) Security +CE
• Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR, SIPR.
• Ability to assist with planning and implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the data centers / network.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of virtualization, operating systems, and computer hardware / software, etc.*
• Evaluates and reports on new IT technologies to enhance capabilities of the operating environment.
• Ability to provide 24x7 on-call support.
• Preferred certification: Higher level computer certification, for example:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Computing Technology Industry Association A+ CE Service Technician
• Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
• An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
• Ability to define and understand program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
• Ability to work in a matrix organization with other teams to resolve issues and communicate status effectively to peers, subordinates and program leadership
• Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.