Data Quality Specialist, STAR Business Architecture and Operations - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
For this role, you will be part of the Operational Excellence and Issue Management team as a Data Quality Specialist within the Medicare Star Data Management and Reporting organization. You will be accountable for ensuring our business operations provide stellar, efficient, and scalable service, including but not limited to issue management, to internal customers while ensuring operational excellence and continuity.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute as a Data Quality Specialist on a team that is responsible for the integrity of the data in reports and for client operations to a portfolio of Data Management and Business Intelligence assets utilized for STAR Quality rating improvements
- Analyze reported issues independently and/or collaboratively with application/data owners to determine root cause and plan to solve
- Disposition issues in a timely manner established by management team.
- For issues requiring other teams’ attention, identify and assign to the appropriate teams.
- Track, monitor and report the status and progress of issue resolution, to make sure they are resolved in a timely manner established by management team.
- For chronic and systematic issues, contribute to long-term solutions and continuous improvement.
- Analyze and interpret data or information (e.g., clinical, operational, Quality) to ensure they meet standards, are compliant and/or are accurate and complete related to STARS/HEDIS Technical Specifications
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Metrics to peers and leadership team
- Identify areas in operations/reporting documentation that are unclear or incomplete and obtain additional information to make recommendation/corrections
- Identify appropriate sources for data or information either internally or externally and collect data/information
- Create and send communications to stakeholders related to data issues, application releases, and other major announcements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience in clinical quality and/or data quality and/or quality analyst
- 2+ years of experience working with Clinical Data platforms, Data Management or Business Intelligence Solutions
- Working experience with SQL and /or other coding languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience working in a healthcare industry
- Working experience with continuous improvement
- Knowledge of HEDIS and Star Quality Specifications
- Knowledge of medical claims, ICD10, and care management relationship
- Skilled at identifying data discrepancies and proposing standard and non-standard solutions to problems
- Skilled in successful execution of operational deliverables, developing action plans to accomplish goals and providing ongoing updates on progress
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to positive and effective customer service with track record of matching capabilities to meet/exceed customer expectations
- Solid analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain focus and a positive attitude in ambiguous or high pressure situations
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment which requires creativity and self-motivation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.