Operations Solution Architect - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Operations Solutions Architect will have accountability for working directly with Senior Leadership within Product, Operations and Technology to design, architect and implement programs/services across a clinical operation. The role will include the strategic management and leadership over work-stream(s) and projects that will focus on implementing operational process improvements/efficiencies as well as the design and implementation of new program or product offerings.
This role will include assessing costs and benefits associated with process improvements and clinical models for effectiveness / clinical quality and design the staffing model associated with the program. They will oversee and assess, design and implement all operational business requirements for technology and operational design. This role will also be involved in co-designing the criteria for predictive modeling or member identification in addition to evaluating, designing and implementing quality/performance evaluation for the agents. This role will also maintain accountability for program artifacts including project plan, status, budget, staffing analysis etc.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Works directly with Senior Leadership within Product, Operations and Technology to design and implement programs/services/solutions across a clinical operation
- Drive the deployment of projects and programs within the operation and can expand to end-to-end oversight of the deployment
- Leads the discovery, review and approval of cost benefit analysis, working with cross-functional team members
- Strategically balances clinical & business priorities to make recommendations on the solution and timing of the implementation
- Consults with Senior Leadership across business stakeholders to review and provide recommendations for future development
- Develops and implements strategy for global communication, program artifacts and coordination of training for the new initiatives
- Design and implement solutions leveraging fact-based rationale, incorporating applicable best practices with proven outcomes while supporting an agile business model
- Drive successful change management and support adoption of innovation across the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Qualifications - External
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of direct hands-on product development within healthcare inclusive of implementation experience
- 3+ years of project management experience, including leading efficiency/process improvement projects
- 2+ years of product redesign or enhancement experience
- Proven experience leading and managing change initiatives
- Experience in developing program artifacts including but not limited to project plans, cost benefit analysis, business requirements, executive summary, staffing analysis, budget status, etc.
- Demonstrated experience of data analytic and problem solving skills including analyzing , monitoring and creating solutions
- Demonstrated experience holding individuals accountable and influencing without authority
- Demonstrated experience acting as a strategic consultant to product, operational and technology matrix partners
- Proven process improvement skills / experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Visio
- Proven excellent presentation skills with ability to simplify and communicate complex data to global project team
- Demonstrated ability to organize and thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Proven interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Proven solid influencer with demonstrated skills in innovative thinking to optimize health care system
- Proven track record of exceptional oral and written communication across varying audiences within a matrixed organization
- Advanced degree
- Project Management Certification
- Six Sigma or similar process improvement certification
- Agile experience
- Healthcare practice management or operations management experience
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Business writing / RFP experience