What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
When you join Verizon…
Getting our customers connected to America’s fastest and most reliable network! You’ll be out and about in the neighborhoods we serve, installing, testing, repairing and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of customers connected.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Placing cable, placing poles, splicing, testing and maintaining Verizon’s network, both aerial and underground.
- Operating trucks and equipment needed to perform work operations in a safe manner.
- Performing construction work using designated equipment for digging holes, placing poles, laying cable/conduit in the ground and unreeling, pulling and stringing wire/cable on poles.
- Fiber optic splicing, testing and troubleshooting tasks.
- Reading and interpreting engineering plans and vendor specifications.
- Climbing ladders, climbing poles, working aloft, perceiving differences in wire and cable colors, and moving/lifting items generally not exceeding 100 lbs.
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays and unscheduled shifts as determined by the needs of the business.
- Collaborating with cross functional departments, working in a team based environment, and professional interaction with Verizon’s customers.
- In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location.
What we’re looking for…
You know telecommunications technology and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work on America’s fastest and most reliable network. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You know that the whole team needs to work together to win—and you take pride in a job well done.
You’ll need to have:
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL.
Even better if you have:
- A related Associate Degree or 2 or more years of relevant work experience.
- OSHA 30 plus 10 hour SST certification.
Verizon Job Fit Test B
Field Operations Assessment
Outside Plant Technician SI
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.