Facility Maintenance Technician IV
Do you envision a workplace where every team member works together to create an amazing workplace experience? Do you want to be part of a dedicated group of professionals who consistently deliver excellence to reach our common goal of a best in class working environment If you have a positive can-do attitude and a drive for success, Amentum is looking for you! We are seeking an Facility Maintenance Technician team member for our client site in the Greater St. Louis area. The successful candidate will have outstanding maintenance skills will be committed to working with others to deliver best in class, unparalleled excellence in customer service and satisfaction.
Typical work hours are 12 hour rotating shifts from 6:30am to 6:30pm (36 and 48 hour work weeks).
As the Facility Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance and reactive repair on large-scale, industrial grade facility-related equipment and systems, including mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and lighting systems, plumbing, pumps, motors, piping, steam traps, valves, drains, etc.
In this role, you will perform many daily duties, including:
- Identifying and correcting any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Performing troubleshooting and repairing mechanical/electrical equipment. Equipment includes pumps, motors, bearings, air handlers, exhaust fans, gearboxes, pneumatic systems, R.O. systems, equipment and fixtures for water, gas, oil, steam, sewage, fire sprinkler/prevention, and refrigeration-related plumbing systems as well as basic electrical issues including replacing lamps and ballasts.
- Performing basic pipefitting repairs for water, steam, and compressed air systems.
- Performing painting, general carpentry, drywall repair, hanging pictures, carpet repairs, and repair or replace door hardware, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Conducting preventive and predictive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Completing necessary work order documentation as required in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Operating various measuring, diagnostic, and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operating a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers, and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Performing other duties as assigned by Management or Lead.
As the Facility Maintenance Technician, you will be expected to:
- Work in a team environment with a one team mentality; be friendly, respectful, empathetic, and professional to teammates and clients.
- Value and respect employee authenticity and demonstrate cultural awareness to create a memorable experience and a respectful workplace.
- Balance workload and multiple tasks while focusing on attention to detail and prioritizing assignments.
- Take initiative to resolve issues that arise and solve problems independently; shift priorities as needed or requested by management and remain flexible.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience maintaining buildings, facilities, or equipment in a pharmaceutical, large commercial, or industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
Some physical requirements include:
- Regularly lift to 50 lbs
- Regularly climb ladders, steps, and scaffolding
- Repetitive motions: bend, stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, wrist movement
- Walk extensively throughout the plant during shift
- Work at an accelerated pace in emergency conditions
- Ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding
Special Requirements: Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed. Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment.
Pfizer Site Requirement:
All employees and contractors working at a Pfizer site must be fully vaccinated against covid-19 by November 15, 2021, unless there is an approved medical or religious exemption. “Fully vaccinated” is defined as receiving the full dose therapy of an EUA approved covid-19 vaccine and being 14 days post the completion of the required dose regimen.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or related skilled trade program.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing:
- Large scale plumbing systems
- Facility mechanical systems, such as air handlers, to OEM specifications
- Supply and exhaust fans
- Experience troubleshooting pumps and motors.
- Experience repairing steam components up to 100 psi.
- HVAC experience or equivalent training/education.
- Experience working in a GMP or similar regulated environment such as hospitals, biomedical or pharmaceutical campuses.
- Predictive maintenance experience, life cycle studies, knowledge of reliability maintenance programs, incident reports, and root cause analysis.
- Good computer maintenance management software experience beyond completing basic work orders.
- Experience utilizing and working in a CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) environment.