Facility Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician for our industrial maintenance team in Easley, SC.
Typical work hours are M-F 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. ;hours may vary based on business demand
The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the buildings and facilities equipment, fixtures, and systems in an industrial, large commercial, or logistics environment. Provides instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
This is a general maintenance position that may assist specialized technicians with any facility related repairs and requires the ability to understand and work safely around 480v 3-phase electrical power circuits. Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems. Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective maintenance on facility-related systems including, but not limited to conveyor and/or R.O. systems; overhead cranes; doors, docks and levelers; ventilation equipment; rooftop HVAC equipment; fork lift equipment; industrial batteries; pumps and motors; restroom and sewer systems; and water systems.
In addition, general maintenance tasks related to wall and floor coverings; windows and window hardware; doors and door hardware; office furniture; etc. will be required. The General Maintenance Technician will document and input all data on PMs and repairs into a CMMS.
- Performs industrial and commercial lighting system repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs conveyor systems, R/O systems and overhead cranes.
- Troubleshoots and repairs dock locks and levelers.
- Troubleshoots and repairs pumps, piping, seals, and valves.
- Troubleshoots and repairs forklift equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs industrial batteries.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, including VAV and AHU systems.
- Inspects and repairs roofing systems and materials.
- Performs office furniture, window, door, and hardware repairs. Repairs floor and wall coverings.
- Assembles and installs shelving and cabinets.
- Maintains and repairs facility structures, walkways, and roadways.
- Safely operates forklift equipment, hoists, and cranes.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience maintaining buildings, facilities, or equipment in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or related program.
- Experience repairing industrial/commercial lighting and controls.
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and working safely with 480v 3 phase electrical components.
- Basic understanding of PLC’s and ladder logic.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing facility mechanical systems such as HVAC, conveyors, and R.O. systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing machinery and equipment such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, steam components up to 100 psi, cranes and hoists, systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, etc.
- Experience performing work on overhead doors and service doors.
- Experience with maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience safely operating forklifts and/or aerial lifts.