Facility Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician for our industrial maintenance team in Freeport, IL. Typical work hours are M-F 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Our maintenance teams are responsible for any facility related repairs and requires the ability to understand and work safely around 480v 3-phase electrical power circuits.
This position would perform all aspects of preventive and corrective maintenance on facility-related systems including, but not limited to: conveyor and/or R.O. systems; overhead cranes; doors, docks and levelers; ventilation equipment; rooftop HVAC equipment; fork lift equipment; industrial batteries; pumps and motors; restroom and sewer systems; and water systems.
In addition, general maintenance tasks related to wall and floor coverings; windows and window hardware; doors and door hardware; office furniture; etc. will be required.
- Performs maintenance and repair on building components to include but not limited to doors, door hardware, and drywall, wall framing systems, suspended ceilings, entry systems and floor covering systems.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance of building, heating, and ventilation and air condition systems. May perform various mechanical functions associated with diagnostics, dismantling and repair of equipment. Adjusts thermostats and air diffusers as required.
- Repairs or replaces motors, damaged electrical components, controls, lamps, and ballasts in all parts of the building as needed. Tightens/replaces damaged/loose receptacles, switches if needed, and resets breakers.
- Replaces and/or realigns pumps in mechanical system. Repairs plumbing leaks, unclogs drains and maintains faucets, commode valves, and sinks.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience maintaining buildings, facilities, or equipment in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, and working safely with 480v 3 phase electrical components.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or related program.
- Experience repairing industrial/commercial lighting and controls.
- Basic understanding of PLC’s and ladder logic.
- Experience performing work on overhead doors and service doors.
- Experience with maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience safely operating forklifts and/or aerial lifts.