Buried Drop Technician-Entry Level
Buried Drop Technician-Entry Level - ( 24000293 )
Windstream is a leading telecommunications company that connects homeowners, small businesses, enterprise business and carrier partners across the United States.
As a Windstream technician working on the buried drop team, you will perform the physical installation of buried copper, fiber, and coaxial cable from the network hub to the customers’ residence.
Our team of Buried Drop Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform the physical installation of buried copper, fiber & coaxial drop cable to connect Windstream’s network to the customers’ residence.
- Use your technical expertise and customer focus to create meaningful connections with customers.
- Interpret work drawings and instructions and complete necessary paperwork.
- Sell and promote Windstream products and services.
- Train new employees on daily job functions.
- Operate hand-held computer for retrieving and clearing job tasks.
- Operate machinery including trenching and boring equipment for burying cable.
Do You Have?
- The ability to walk ½ mile while operating following a drop plow that places service cable.
- Ability to work the schedule including overtime, callouts, and standby as needed.
- Basic technology and math skills.
- Ability to distinguish colors present in color-coded cable.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to successfully complete required training, including overnight travel out-of-state.
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream Culture of Innovation and Belonging Statement:
Connecting people in a world of infinite possibilities. Windstream cultivates a workplace culture where innovation and belonging are the cornerstones of our success. We are dedicated to empowering every member of our team to contribute their unique talents and perspectives, fostering an environment where creativity and innovation flourish. Together, we strive to build a more welcoming and connected future, both within our organization and in the broader community we serve.
Our Employee Resource Groups:
- WinVets – Veteran Employee Resource Group
- WOW – Women Employee Resource Group
- WINPRIDE – LGBTQ Employee Resource Group
- WBPN – Black Professional Resource Group
- WARG – Ability Resource Group
- LaFamilia –Hispanic Resource Group
Windstream Holdings is a privately held communications and software company. Windstream offers managed communications services, including SD-WAN and UCaaS, and high-capacity bandwidth and transport services to businesses across the U.S. The company also provides premium broadband, entertainment, and security services through an enhanced fiber network to consumers and small and midsize businesses primarily in rural areas in 18 states.
Actual base pay for this job will depend on the candidate's primary work location and other factors, such as relevant skills and experience.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Primary Location : US-Georgia-Winder
Work Locations :
Winder GA 74 Woodlawn Ave74 Woodlawn Ave
Job Category : Field Operations
EEO Statement: : Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Req ID: 24000293
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.