Building HVAC Mechanic ( 595042-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for the monitoring, testing, preventative maintenance and repair of infrastructure equipment and associated electrical, alarming and monitoring systems per specifications and operational procedures. In this role you will perform maintenance and repair of the physical facilities structures, security and peripheral systems, as well as provide emergency power and physical facilities remedies at all technical facilities. You will be a first responder to any facilities threat to the Verizon Business network and could be asked to be a first responder to any natural disasters that threaten or have impacted the Verizon Business network.
- Performing maintenance on Verizon building infrastructure.
- Deploying back-up power generators at remote sites Performs Preventive Maintenance on all facilities HVAC, AC/DC power equipment, UPSs, Fire Suppression, Lighting, HVAC, Generators, and Chillers.
- Ensuring our standards are implemented in everyday activities.
- Ensuring we continue to meet all OSHA, State and Federal environmental standards, laws and best practices.
- May work outdoors, must be able to perform in seasonal weather/changing conditions.
- Working extended hours-Standby/On-call rotation, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet support and project requirements.
- Maintaining a strong focus on HVAC Preventative Maintenance and Repair, especially large Liebert units.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for yourself, our team and our network.
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Provide facilities support across your assigned territory, which will be in the Columbia, SC area.
Ability to report to the designated job site/work location within 30 minutes of notice to provide rotational on call coverage for the Columbia, SC territory.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Willingness to be on call for long periods at a time, when necessary.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Mechanical Journeyman status.
- Four or more years of commercial HVAC / mechanical troubleshooting experience.
- Licenses to work with refrigerants, service knowledge.
- Experience and ability to perform routine and preventative maintenance for multiple facilities in the areas of AC/DC power, UPSs, Fire Suppression, Lighting, HVAC, Generators, Chillers.
- Liebert/York/etc. factory training.
- Chilled water systems including, chillers, pumps, cooling towers and associated control valves, piping and operating controls.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of DC Plants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.