HVAC Mechanic- Lead
Amentum is seeking a Lead HVAC/R Technician/Trainer for a position located at Al Dhafra Air Base in Abu Dhabi supporting the Air Force. The Lead HVAC/R Technician/Trainer Lead will be responsible for providing technical support and assistance for electronic and electrical control systems, medical equipment containing refrigerants and other equipment. This includes operation, maintenance and repair IAW international, US, Air Force and PWS criteria to ensure the existing and any new HVAC/R systems are in proper repair and condition in full working order.
The Lead HVAC/R Technician/Trainer will prepare reports and communicating of requirements, testing, outages, with Program leadership and perform other duties as assigned by the Program leadership team, such as assisting with hiring, promotion, transfer, terminations, and supervision of staff.
The Lead HVAC/R Technician/Trainer shall be available within 2 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel to discuss problem areas.
- Must have an HVAC certification (e.g., NATE certification, ESCO Institute HVAC Excellence Professional Level Technician Certification).
- A minimum of five years (5) previous experience at a US Air Force Military Installation with similar mission/project in scope and nature.
- Previous three years (3) of leadership experience.
- Previous work experience in an austere OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce.
- Valid US or local driver's license and US passport.
- Ability to obtain and maintain base access credentials.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain CENTOM contract medical requirements for duration of deployment.
- Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Journeyman level certification or equivalent military training
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.