HVAC Mechanic Specialist
Amentum is looking for a HVAC Mechanic Specialist to join our team in McLean, VA. As a HVAC Mechanic Specialist, you will maintain, repair, and install the building’s heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment as well as all associated controls and piping. Examples of equipment include but are not limited to: boilers, steam generators, heat exchangers, pumps,chillers,cooling towers, air compressors, air handlers, fan coil units, CRAC/CRAH, VAV, ductless, split and packaged unit style systems.
You must be a U.S. Citizen. You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI government security clearance.
Hours: 4 x 10s, 1:30pm to 12:30am
- Maintain, service, repair, and replace motors, blowers, compressors, coils, bearings, belts, and related control components; checks all safety and control devices, repairing or replacing when needed.
- Perform periodic cleaning of air handlers, coils, blowers, ducts, plenums, and various other related apparatus in accordance with current program guidelines.
- Make mechanical and electrical (480 volts or below) repairs and alterations, as required, to the air conditioning, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and controls equipment.
- Respond to and resolve issues associated with requests for service adjustments and other trouble calls.
- Troubleshoot design and system control problems and make emergency repairs, as required.
- Maintain accurate log of CFC usage and related equipment repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance and daily inspections of equipment and associated spaces in accordance with the current program guidelines.
- Inform supervisor and/or shop lead of any deficiencies found while performing preventive maintenance and institute corrective action needed to resolve issues
- Effectively utilize diagnostic test equipment and other related tools to diagnose and repair equipment deficiencies.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- Direct more junior level trade personnel as assigned.
- Six (6) years experience in the HVAC trade in maintenance and/or construction required.
- High school, technical school, apprenticeship, trade school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must possess Class I stationery engineer License, DC 3rd steam boiler engineer license, Journeyman HVAC license or equivalent.
- Must have Universal CFC or EPA license.
- Working knowledge of steam systems and building management systems.
- Capable of servicing all refrigeration systems.
- Thorough working knowledge of national and local HVAC codes.
- Ability to comprehend written and oral instructions.
- A willingness to work rotational shift if necessary, including days, evenings, and nights, as well as overtime, weekends, and holidays, as required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI government security clearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Employees may work in conditions that require operating industrial machinery/power tools and motor vehicles. Additionally, you may participate in work that requires walking, bending, squatting, and carrying materials throughout the facility. Workplace conditions necessitate following strict safety guidelines and the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Work tasks requiring the incumbent to lift weight more than 50 pounds requires two or more persons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee may perform on an occasional to regular basis while performing functions of this job. The work environment characteristics describe here are representative of those an employee may encounter on an occasional to regular basis while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these functions.
- Master HVAC license
- Knowledge of building management systems
- NFPA-70E Training and OSHA 10 Training