Building HVAC Technician
What you’ll be doing…
You’re an expert with HVAC, plumbing, electrical and even building mechanicals… and if there’s a maintenance problem with our building, you’ve got it covered! Your know-how and commitment to excellence will ensure that Verizon’s building systems always operate at maximum efficiency.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Starting, operating, repairing and maintaining various types of heating and air conditioning plants and associated equipment (i.e. air handling equipment, refrigeration equipment, etc.).
- Maintaining and repairing motor controller and associated electrical equipment and control circuits.
- Installing, repairing and calibrating various makes of pneumatic and/or electric controls required for the operation of temperature and humidity control equipment.
- Performing inspections and making repairs on equipment/systems as required by company practices and/or regulations/ordinances.
- Reviewing and interpreting word orders, operating instructions, diagrams, building plans and mechanical equipment drawings.
- Climbing ladders, working aloft, and moving/lifting items generally not exceeding 100 lbs.
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays and unscheduled shifts as determined by the needs of the business.
What we’re looking for…
You know HVAC and other building systems like the back of your hand, and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work for the V Team. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You take pride in a job well done because you know better matters!
You’ll need to have:
- Universal Technician Certification as designated by EPA regulations-40 CFR Part 82 Subpart H.
Even better if you have:
- Relevant vocational or technical training or 3 or more years of relevant work experience.
Work Tour Hours are 7am-4pm, Monday to Friday (hours may vary). Overtime is as needed by the business.
If you are hired into a New York City work location, the compensation range for this position is between $703/week and $1956/week*. The salary will vary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
Building Maint Qual Test
Real Estate Field SI
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.