HVAC Mechanic - Able to obtain - TS/SCI
Akima Intra-Data (AID) is fiercely focused on innovation and continuous improvement. Our flexible, full-spectrum portfolio of base operations support services enables our customers to reduce operating costs, improve productivity and enhance the value of their existing assets. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
AID is looking for an HVAC Mechanic that is a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Top Secret Clearance, and SCI.
This full-time position assists the Facility Operations Manager in the execution of HVAC tasks related to the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of all facilities and other real property, utility plants and systems, and grounds at the End User’s campus site.
- The HVAC Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing HVAC system component malfunctions. The HVAC Mechanic will review predictive and preventive maintenance plans and provide on-site repairs on all HVAC system components.
- Maintains, and repairs a variety of complex industrial equipment and systems, complicated components, critical requirements, and rigid tolerances, using specialized test equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair chillers and chilled water distribution equipment, air handlers and air distribution devices, CRAC units, cooling towers, and water treatment system.
- Recognize the cause of faulty equipment and makes repairs on large systems that provide for a variety of air conditioning functions such as heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, cleaning, filtering, and circulating. Systems are used to support structures such as, large office buildings and complexes including those with areas that have special requirements such as communication centers, electronic data processing centers, training rooms, and other areas with sensitive equipment.
- Able to review and understand engineering drawings and BIM models for installed equipment. Interface with and operate equipment through the BMS, such as, air conditioning and chilled-water systems, test systems for proper functioning, reviews and adjusts system controls, perform emergency repairs, and making routine adjustments to maximize equipment efficiency.
- Interface with computerized maintenance management system for work order assignment and tracking.
- This role may require that company vehicles are driven. Possess a valid state driver’s license and a good driving record
- Must have completed technical training or an associates degree in a technical / engineering- related discipline
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Three-year similar verifiable experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and have working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings.
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolds, walkways, and lift up to 50 pounds; be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend, reach and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be a US Citizen able to pass a thorough Local, State and Federal criminal check to include a credit and drug test.
- Possess or able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to access Sensitive Compartmented Information.
- Possess a current Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to access Sensitive Compartmented Information.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] . Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AID00473